Kilmurry NS was one of the first schools in Clare to use Accelerated Reading. We have been using it in the school to promote reading since 2010.
The Accelerated Reading programme has been invaluable in Kilmurry School:
- It motivates pupils of all ages and abilities to read more.
- It raises the literacy standards among the pupils.
- It gives teachers a comprehensive progress report on each pupil.
- Parents can see which books have been read and view quiz results through Home Connect.
- The school has invested in new books as chosen by the children.
- Kilmurry N.S. was one of the first schools to use Accelerated Reading. The programme is now widely used in schools and its usage is continuing to grow.
- New research by Durham University outlines the benefits of Accelerated Reading. The report is available on educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk
Pupils and parents can log on at home at https://ukhosted11.renlearn.co.uk/2935049/